Eligible participants are:
- known carriers of a BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation (affected or unaffected);
- undergoing, have undergone or may potentially undergo testing for BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutations (affected or unaffected);
- those that have declined a predictive gene test but have been counselled by a genetics clinic.
Non-carriers in these mutation families are also of interest as controls. Both males and females are eligible as are women who have had prophylactic surgery (mastectomy and/or oophorectomy).
Subjects who are not eligible are those:
- under 18 years of age;
- who are unable to give informed consent;
- who at the local investigator’s discretion are not thought appropriate e.g. recent family bereavement, late stages of breast cancer, etc.